Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Losing Myself

My world is crashing down around me. Rubble everywhere, big chunks of me breaking to  a thousand pieces when touching the ground. It feels like rain, just that it's not made of water but of all the things my world is made of.
Love. Compassion. Joy. Happiness. Light. Community. Connections. Colors.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting there, watching. Still, unmoving. Sometimes, a smile crosses my face, when something shows parts of its past beauty, its value to me, while crashing down.
It's getting darker by the second. I do realize it happening, but at the same time, it feels so familiar that I'm not sure if I just imagined it having been brighter before.
My memories darken, too. I may even have lost even more. Who knows?

Part of me is wondering why I'm all alone. Another is convinced it has never been any other way. Were these dreams? Are those memories?
Sometimes, I can see strings leading somewhere, and when I think about these things, some of them seem to be tugged at. Then again, it might just be my imagination. Especially since they aren't even there all the time.
Am I going crazy? What of it is real? Anything? Everything?

Sometimes, I see figures walking by. Dark shadowy figures. They never seem to notice all this darkness and destruction around me. Are they even seeing me? Are they even real?
I try to reach out, but I don't seem to be able to reach them. They're moving so fast, flittering by like dragonflies, while I'm sitting here, unable to move. Disconnected.
Has their light hurt before? Do I really want to reach out to them? Why? What for?

And I feel myself withdrawing even further. Do I even know what from? Do I even want to?
I don't know anymore. And I don't really care, either.

It's completely dark now. I feel things crashing down around me more than I see them.
Flittering lights burn in my eyes, are too much to handle. Some part of me still wants to reach out to them, but most of me withdraws even further, afraid of the pain.
Curiosity and something.. a memory? .. fighting against fear and darkness, stillness and emptiness.

I feel tears welling up inside me, drowning my eyes, overflowing, running down my cheek. I just don't know why. What for? What does it even mean?

Shadows. Shadows in the darkness, moving. I'm safe here. Maybe? I know what it's all about, at least. It's familiar.
But there's still some part of me, remembering. Missing. Fighting. For what?

Kommentare