Direkt zum Hauptbereich

The Most Important Person in Your Life

I never asked for this position. 
I never wanted to have it. 
I never wanted to be that. 
The Most Important Person in Your Life.
I don't get how you want to be that for someone. 
Or how you feel like it could be something I would want. 
Like a gift I didn't ask for, 
Unwelcome,
I have to live with now.

People expecting me to be happy. 
Excited. 
Grateful, even.
Like it's something beautiful.
Nice.
Cute.

And I don't get it. 
I hate that position.
I don't want it. 
It's uncomfortable.
Puts pressure on me. Expectations. 
I don't want that.
Not from you.
Not from anyone.

I don't want to be Your Most Important Person. 

I don't want to be compared.
I don't want to be in competition with others.
I don't want to be in a hierarchy.
I don't want your pedestal.

I want to be myself.
I want to be equal,
Yours, and your other people's. 

You tell me I'm Your Most Important Person.
For you, it's a compliment.
Meant as something cute, loving.
For me, it's dread.
It scares me, feels constrictive. Icky.
I see what it means to the others who love you.
I see what it puts on me.
A cage.
Though golden, still a cage.
Reduced to a position.
Made to be in competition with the other people in your life.
An image of who I am to you,
Instead of being a real person.
Instead of being me.
Instead of being seen.

Instead of connecting in ways
That feel good to both of us,
I'm reduced to this notion.
And you expect me to be grateful.
To like it.
To love it, even.
Not thinking of what it means for others.
Of what it means for me.

I don't want to be Your Most Important Person.
Not yours.
Not anyone's.
I want to be me.
To be free.
And to connect in ways
That feel great for both of us.
Every single moment
Anew. 
Not a given. 
Not set in stone.
Explored.
Every single moment
Anew.

Let me be free.
Let me be me.
Let my fly.
And connect to you
The way we feel like
In any given moment.
Find the organic point of connection between us.
Every time anew.
No pressure.
No expectation.
Just us.
As we are.
Right here.
Right now.

Don't hold me down.
Don't tie me to you.
Don't make me wither in your grasp.
Don't make me the Most Important Person in Your Life. 

Let me go.
Let me be me.
Let me connect to you freely
Let me be someone you cherish.
Love, maybe.
Appreciate.
Any given moment.
Just the way I am.

Forget what you want me to be.
Look at me.
See me as I am.
And decide,
Any given moment,
If that's something you'd like in your life.
Right now. 
In this moment.

Just let me breathe.

Kommentare